The General Accountant is part of an agile team building and working on administrative requirements for The Pack Solutions. The General Accountant provides financial information to management by researching and analyzing accounting data, preparing reports, asset and liability and substantiating financial transactions by auditing documents.
What impact will you have?
In this role you will:
- Conduct audits to maintain truthful and precise data in documents.
- Design, Development, Implementation, and Revision of financial reports, documents, and systems involving:
- Tax and Compliance
- Management Account and Financial Statement Development and Maintenance
- Accounting Systems Audits
- Internal Reporting
- Analyze and interpret financial information and provide assurance that information complies with professional and regulatory standards. Ensure that data supports budgeting and forecasting requirements, and provide solutions to control issues.
- Support monthly and annual close processes and record information such as accrual, deferral, reclass, and interdepartmental entries into the company’s accounting journal. Perform account analysis to make sure that entries and balances are correct.
- Reconcile accounts with the journals on a regular basis. Ensure that all entries are accurate and that transactions are reported in accordance with accounting standards and government regulations and make necessary adjustments when needed.
- Prepare journal entries and provide support to safely keep internal expenses in the company.
- Provide assistance in preparing government requirements, payments and submission on a regular basis.
To excel in this role, you are required to have:
- Education level: Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or equivalent field
- Experience: at least 2 years experience in accounting or bookkeeping
- Excellent communication and problem solving skills
- Excellent knowledge and experience in accounting functions
- Experience in accounting and bookkeeping in e-commerce, fintech and retail is a plus
- Highly methodical and thorough, and an exceptional communicator
- Able to work with less supervision and a team player
Packworks is an inclusive organization respectful of diverse gender identities and sexual orientations.
Job Category: Finance
Level Category: Junior Mid